Sunday, July 19, 2009

Community Milestone!

by: Chris Sullivan

Well, I always knew you guys were amazing, but I finally looked at the numbers. In the three iterations of our comments, the thousands of Seahawk Addicts out there have commented a lot. A whole lot.

In fact, on Friday, you guys broke a milestone -- 40,000 comments. WOW. That's in 534 days of this blog existing. That's in 2,554 posts. That, my friends, is the definition of ADDICTION. (For you stat nerds, that's 75 comments per day, every day, or 15 comments per post.) I just wanted to thank you all for keeping this great community going, even in the dreariness of the offseason. I also want to thank Michael Steffes for creating this site and trusting my blogging hands with it when he retired for life, liberty and the pursuit of golfiness.

So, again, thank you guys for reading out there and for helping us to get better each month. I've been working very hard the last couple of weeks to bring some much needed changes to the site and I think we're about a week away on that. I think you're going to like it, the few sneak previews I've shared with the other writers have all found it to be a big upgrade.

You guys kick ass and help make this an incredibly fun thing to do. Without the community and the comments, I can promise that all of us would have given up on this pursuit a LONG time ago. We're about two weeks away from life getting good again... I think we can, I think we can, I think we can.......

END