Saturday, February 21, 2009

Crabtree Plans To Run Anyway

by: William P. Tomisser

Michael Crabtree told reporters that he doesn't plan to have surgery and that he still plans to run in a private workout in late March reports Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News.

Speaking of the report that he was going to have surgery and have a pin inserted in his foot and not be able to run in a scheduled private workout Crabtree said:

"I don't know where that report came from," Crabtree said. "It [stress fracture] has been there for about a year and it's never caused me any pain. I can play with it the rest of my life. It won't stop me from running. I'm going to run."

Interesting, if true, that the stress fracture isn't a new condition but is something he's lived with and played on for a year now. That would mean he played his whole sophomore season with the stress fracture present.

Does that change the picture again?

Hasta,

BillT

END