Saturday, February 28, 2009

TJ, Bernard, and Cutler

by: Chris Sullivan 


Mike "Holy Crap I'm awesome" Florio reports that TJ Houshmandzadeh has planned more visits for tomorrow. Michael Smith of ESPN says that TJ will visit the Bucs and the Eagles (strange, since the Eagles appeared to be quite pissed at TJ as of yesterday... TJ's agent offered the Eagles a hometown discount, then they figured out that the "discount" came to MORE than the other teams... haha). 

[UPDATE: The Tampa Tribune says Housh is not en route and nothing is scheduled.]

In other news, Rocky Bernard has signed with the Giants. No surprise there, but hey, good for him. Terms are unavailable, but I'll letcha know when I hear.

And, in my favorite "weiner-of-the-day" story, Jay Cutler believes he is on the trading block. The Cutler-Rivers weiner contest annoys me so much everytime those teams play (and the weeks preceding and following), that I wouldn't be heartbroken to see Cutler traded to the CFL... but hey, thats just me. My understanding is that he thought he was on the trading block because the Bucs offered some bizarre trade proposal that they would get Cutler, the Broncos would get Cassel and the Patriots would get both their picks or something... Bizarre all around.