Friday, February 27, 2009

While You Were Sleeping . . .

by: Chris Sullivan

  • Chris Canty's value leapt upwards as Haynesworth was signed.
  • Top CB Leigh Bodden appears very close to signing with the Patriots.
  • TJ Houshmanzadeh texted a Philly radio station: "If they want me, I'll be an Eagle tomorrow."
  • Bart Scott JUST (seconds ago) signed with the Jets for $8 million / year.
  • Ray Lewis apparently is pissed at Baltimore. They might be much worse next year.
  • Sage Rosenfels was traded to the Vikings for a 4th round pick.
  • The Ravens are going after CB Domonique Foxworth. He's considered a top CB, but stunk up the joint when he played for Denver then resurrected his (short) career in a dome in Hotlanta. I'm bearish on him.
  • Fred Taylor officially signed with the Patriots.
That's it for now. I'll look into the Hawks' interest in Canty and if any news breaks on Housh I'll get that out too. I might try to catch a power nap or two in my chair at work...