Friday, November 21, 2008

Wilson Okay, Alexander the Great Returns to Seatown

by: Mike Parker

Josh Wilson returned to practice yesterday without limitation after going down with an ankle injury Wednesday. He'll be good to go against Jim Zorn and the Redskins, which breathes life into a secondary that inexplicably plays like it's stuck in a wall of invisible jello.

Speaking of the Redskins, I'm very intrigued to see what happens when Shaun Alexander steps onto Qwest field in a Redskins uniform come Sunday. It might feel awkward for everyone, kind of like a divorce that ended amicably but left so much tension through unresolved issues that you could cut it with a knife. Imagine that situation unfolding for the first time in front of 60,000 people. That could be bad.

The real question, I think, will be whether or not the boo-birds will come out for Alexander. If that's the case, I don't mind saying I'll be shocked. Why boo the guy who won league MVP the same year he led an incredibly potent offense to the franchise's only Super Bowl appearance? (And only had victory stolen by the most corrupt and biased officiating in the history of sp--ok, I didn't just say that. Well, not really.) Alexander may have slowed down after that, but historically, running backs regress after a season like he had. Even LT is starting to slow down and people heralded him as an infallible god as recent as last year.

I think it's only fair to remember Shaun as nothing less than a pillar in the most memorable season in Seahawks history, not someone who got banged up and failed to repeat such an epic performance in the following years. I'm hoping to see most fans agreeing with me on Sunday afternoon, but I'm not holding my breath. -END-