Saturday, April 26, 2008

Draft Day Contest Winner

by: Michael Steffes

OK folks, I have scoured the entries and I have received an email back from the big winner, so I am ready to disclose the info for all you waiting and wondering.

If you want to know who the lucky cat was....

First let me say that the winner did a bang up job on this one! The pick came a lot quicker than I would of expected. But first, let me give some notoriety to those who made valiant predictions.

Reader Drew B. guessed 7 first round trades. Two others had 6, but nobody had 8.

Reader Warren B. was the only one who guessed Lawrence Jackson. Nice call my man.

Alas, these were only the tie breakers.

Matt from Ohio guessed 2:42:39 which was good for 3rd, Reader Brian from Vegas guessed 2:48:45, which was a close second. Nice work gents, however....

Reader Bobby, known by the handle Big Seahawk Loser (kind of ironic right), with 2:49:21 was the big winner. He was within 13 seconds! How about that!

I want to thank all of you for participating. There was an unbelievable amount of participation. It will be my distinct honor to send Bobby a new replica jersey for the upcoming season. I love the idea of contests because it allows me the opportunity to reward my readers and make following the Hawks even a little bit more fun. I really enjoy writing and running the site and you, as readers do an awesome job supporting the site. Thank you. I know some of you are frustrated with the comments and I can assure you I am working hard on remedying that as well. Hang in there.

If you didn't win, don't worry, there will be another contest around the corner. And even though I am not picking up the tab, you can get all the Hawk gear you need, including any players replica jersey you might want at the SA Merchandise Partner, The Seattle Team Store. So go check out what they got! By using the sites partners, and checking out what they offer, it allows me to hold fun contests like this one. For all of you who do this on a regular basis, it is appreciated. Thanks again! I am convinced the coolest Hawk fans on the web read here! Mini camp is starting soon and 08' will be here before we know it. Goooooooooooo Hawks!!! Lets win one for coach!