Saturday, April 26, 2008

More On Jackson

by: Michael Steffes

The more I think about this pick, the more excited I am. Having another pass rusher helps make the secondary, which the Hawks have invested heavily in recently even better. Plus, who can argue with the success that Ruskell had last time he took a defensive star from USC.

I thought I would post this too. This is what I wrote about Lo Jack after watching him in person at his pro day.

Lawerence Jackson, DE (Lo Jack)... Jackson looked very good to me. I could almost echo what I wrote about Sed Ellis. During the position drills, which was all he did, he was drawing ooohs and ahhs. He looked very quick in the handfighting drills and very explosive in the others. He was equally as powerful as Sed with the tackling dummies. After thinking about it, that is what makes Sed Ellis so amazing. He is almost 40 lbs heavier, and shorter than Lo Jack too, but they look equally as quick and explosive in drills. In the end, I think they will both be every down guys in the league.

END