Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pork Chop Reprise?

by: Michael Steffes

First off, I wanted to say what a weekend. I am exhausted. I got limited sleep last night and was posting again by 6am. Pay the price, right? It is not over either. Expect the names of the undrafted free agents to start coming out soon. The Hawks usually sign 10 to 12. I wanted to wait until later and let it all set in before providing an overall opinion on the draft.

However, after the draft, another thing happens. When teams didn't get a chance to address all their needs, this also creates movement on the free agent front. What popped into my mind was a resigning of Pork Chop. He helped the Hawks out last year by adding incentives into his contract. I am sure he was compensated, but regardless, he is a Holmgren favorite and a team guy. The Hawks didn't add to their o line numbers, so I think giving "chop" another one year deal makes sense. Currently, Willis is the only non starter anybody should feel comfortable playing tackle.

Anyway, some of you might have been wondering what happened to Floyd. I think we will find out soon, and hopefully he is coming back for another go with the Hawks. My only worry is that Holmgren will fell obligated to play him. It has happened before. END