Monday, April 28, 2008

Fueling the Rivalry

by: Michael Steffes

I think it would be fair to say that with the success of the teams in recent years, and the fact that they have been playing each other often, the Seahawks are developing a bit of a rivalry with the Bears. Personally, I have no love for Sexy Rexy and his band of misfits, and I enjoyed beating them, finally, last year.

However, now there is a new source of fuel to fan the flames in this match up. New draft choice Red Bryant, and Bears first rounder Chris Williams aren't such big fans of each other. It started at the Senior Bowl.

Bryant told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer he was trying to break Williams' face mask and said Williams "had a headache for about two days."

Williams dismissed Red's account of things.

"There's not any truth to that," he said. "As far as beating a man in full pads, I was like, 'I'm not going to break my hand hitting him in the helmet.' I was laughing the whole time, like, 'Please keep hitting me and break your hand and get drafted in the 12th round."

The good news is that the Teddy Bears will be back in town on August 16th. And both rookies should expect significant time. Go get em' Red! END