Tuesday, April 22, 2008

From Shaun to the Fans.....

by: Michael Steffes

STATEMENT FROM SHAUN ALEXANDER

We received the news from the Seahawks' front office today that I have been released. While it really isn't a surprise, this news marks a major transition in my life. I started my NFL career in Seattle and hoped I could remain with the team through the rest of my days as a player. That said, things change.

I will be playing for another NFL team this fall, and doing everything I can to contribute. I am healthy, energized and looking forward to beginning the next chapter of my NFL career.

To Continue...

I want to thank the Seahawks and Coach Holmgren for all they have done for me and my family over the years. I have nothing but respect and affection for the Seahawks staff, my teammates and the organization. I wish them the best.

I especially want to thank the Seahawks fans. You made me feel proud every time I stepped on the field as a Seahawk. I look forward to hopefully returning to Qwest Field one day to play against the Seahawks, and the daunting task of facing the 12th Man --Seahawks fans are among the best.

Finally, Valerie and I want everyone to know that Seattle is home for us, and it will remain so no matter where I play next. We have made far too many wonderful friends to say goodbye. My family will remain in the Seattle area, and when my days in the NFL do eventually come to an end, I plan to retire here. Our hearts are woven into the fabric of this community, we are blessed to be part of it, and we enjoy contributing to it in every way we can.

Thank you, Seattle. You have become a part of me and you will forever
remain in my heart.

Courtesy of Mark Firmani and NewsBlaze.com

Thank you again Shaun! Very Classy! You have been a great Seahawk! 2005 lives fondly in my memories. I will miss you coming out of the tunnel every Sunday, and I will miss the opening notes of Sweet Home Alabama even more. I wish you the best of luck! -Michael