Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lots of Interviews on Sirius

by: Michael Steffes

There are several great interviews on Sirius NFL radio today. They include both John Carlson and Trevor Laws, the two picks I had for the Hawks in my last mock draft. I am listening for them to begin so I can give a summary to you. However, I thought I would first pass this along.

John Sullivan, C, out of Notre Dame was just on. He says he has been in contact with the Seahawks on several occasions. This would make sense. With Chris Gray seemingly playing his last year, the Seahawks will need someone capable of snapping behind Chris Spencer. Also, if Spencer fails to improve on his line calls this year, they could consider moving him to guard.

Sullivan came across as a very bright individual. He said that with the freshman QB last year, he was responsible for diagnosing the defense, Mic linebacker recognition and then making the line calls. Sounds the the kind of smart, heady, player who has a long career in the NFL ahead of him. He is also another in a long line of former wrestlers to make the transition to playing in the trenches. Because of that he is fairly comfortable bulking up or sliming down to fit his new teams scheme. I am sure he is also well versed in leverage techniques and hand usage.

Sullivan is expected to be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round. END