Monday, April 21, 2008

Don't Expect a WR on Saturday

by: Michael Steffes

In this article in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, while previewing the wide receivers in the upcoming draft, I found an interesting quote. It comes from Seahawks Scout Charles Fisher. He says....

"If I had to take a receiver in Round 1 I wouldn't do it," said Charles Fisher, a scout for the Seattle Seahawks. "I would be scared to do it this year because I don't know which one of these guys will do anything. To be honest, a lot of these guys in the second day might end up being the better players."
Now obviously someone with more pull could trump this scouts opinion, but when you figure in the confluence of the Seahawks pattern of taking receivers late and the young, promising wide outs already on board, it certainly doesn't seem likely a top guy will be picked. While this is counter to what many in the national media believe, it is much more inline with Tim Ruskell's previous draft strategies. One name I would keep my eye on would be Adrian Arrington. He is from a big school, had a productive career, and the Hawks worked him out. Plus he can probably be had in the 6th or 7th. END