Wednesday, February 20, 2008

And Then There Were Two...

Elite free agent corners that is. Adam Schefter is reporting that the Oakland Raiders have exercised their right to franchise free agent corner Namdi Asomugha. This leaves two premier free agents at the position, Asante Samuel and Marcus Trufant. Tick Tick Tick, what will the Hawks do. And for those who want to debate it, Asomugha was the best corner available. I think I read that he was thrown at 12 times last year. That is less than once per game!!!!

Also, finally, I have DSL up and running again. Thank god! If I drank anymore Starbucks I think my skin would jump right off my body!


UPDATE (2:09pm) The Raiders used the exclusive tag on Asomugha, which prevents teams from even talking to him. In exchange for this they have to pay him the average of the top 5 salaries of this year, which is about to go way up if Samuel and Trufant hit the market.