Friday, February 22, 2008

Crumpler Changes Tune

Here is an article in which Alge Crumpler down plays his desire to remain in the NFC South. He claims he is only interested in winning.

"I'm not looking for the red carpet treatment," he said. "I'm just looking for a team I can win on. I'm not bitter. It's not like I have to be in the NFC South so I can play the Falcons twice. I'm more concerned about the team that I'm going to play for."
He also lists teams he is meeting with, including Seattle. There are only two other playoff teams on his list, and Ted Thompson said in his press conference at the combine that Green Bay is set at TE, which is why they released Bubba Franks. Signing Crumpler apparently remains a possibility.

UPDATE-- From reader Steve, this article suggests Carolina is out of the mix as well.