Friday, October 3, 2008

My Apologies to Bobby and the Readers

by: Michael Steffes

Yesterday, I ran with an article from ESPN about Bobby being back on the field but still having gripes about his contract. Mike Sando has been kind enough to provide the entire transcript of the interview that was used to make that insinuation. While the title of the article implied Bobby was talking about his contract again, nothing could be further from the truth when it's seen in the context of the whole interview.

I apologized in the comments section, but let me apologize again if my criticism was over the top. Bobby does seem very focused on the team and the upcoming game. He appears to have put the contract issues behind him, despite what the article led some (including me) to believe. I was fooled.

Personally, I am glad to hear it. The Bobby situation is a polarizing topic. While I still don't believe that Bobby should be extended at the current time, I take back anything I wrote in regards to him not going about a getting an extension the right way. In reading the whole interview, he does seem to be putting his teammates and winning first, and that is the type of attitude that will make him worthy of his extension come February. And that makes me happy, because I want Bobby to finish his career as a Seahawk as much as anybody else. ~END~