by: Chris Sullivan
These are the guys I am liking for the Seahawks in the sixth and seventh:
- Rashad Jennings - RB - Liberty: Great talent from a small school. He's big, hard to bring down, and patient. Could be excellent value if he's still available at the top of the sixth.
- Don Carey - CB - Norfolk State: We've done a write-up on Carey previously. He's a small school guy but has prototypical size, great tackling skills, and strength. He is a bit slow for top-end CB speed (4.54).
- A.Q. Shipley - G/C - Penn State: Tough, athletic, and has decent size. He's very smart and would provide excellent depth at guard and center, important as both Spencer and Sims will be UFAs at the end of the '09 season, and both could be easily improved upon.
- Cary Harris - CB - USC: Any USC starter who slips to the sixth round has to be viewed as a good value, right? He has some durability issues and stiff hips, but is tough, aggressive, and great at jamming on the line. Very good on special teams. A three-year starter at a top school.
- Derek Pegues - FS - Mississippi State: Could be a free agent at the end of the day, but most likely we'll grab him in the seventh if we like him. He plays a lot faster than he is, but he isn't too fast. Has good range, but somewhat weak and needs to improve on tackles. Very active and aggressive with great ball skills and athleticism, plus he has a lot of experience against top talent.