Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Red Bryant Returns, but "Doesn't Do Much"

by: Mike Parker

DT Red Bryant returned to a limited portion of practice today, and reportedly "didn't do much."

At this point, I'll take whatever I can get from the big guy. I'm not horribly concerned about his injury anymore because of the depth the defense has already displayed, but I can tell you this right now - Bryant is going to make his presence felt this year. Especially if your name happens to be "Kurt Warner," "Alex Smith" or "Marc Bulger." It'll bring a whole new meaning to the term "it's crunch time."

Also, it should be noted that Charlie Frye has been listed as the official starter for Monday night's game in San Diego. It doesn't appear anyone's taking this game very seriously, which is fine for now. It should be more about seeing what the new blood can dish out and resting the injured. Though I have to say it already feels like the exhibition season has already gone on for about five months. -END-