Monday, August 18, 2008

Speaking of the Draft

by: Michael Steffes

Hey guys, with the start of the NFL season, that means college football is staring even sooner. Players that play in college end up in the draft. The draft is very important to the Hawks. Following along? Great.

So let me alert you to Scott Wrights Draftcountdown site. I have linked to this site from the beginning, but now it has a new address. Also, Scott has redone the site adding all kinds of new features, including....

* Mock Draft with 7,000 words of analysis
* Player Rankings with 385 of the top senior ranked by position as well as lists
of Overrated / Underrated prospects, Sleepers and a Top 100 Overall.
* Interview with Ole Miss OT Michael Oher
* Heisman Watch where I handicap the race for college football's most pretigious
individual award.
* NFL Player Rankings - Top 10 at each position and a Top 50 Overall
* Ask Scott mailbag where I answer reader-submitted questions
* '08 Dream Draft - New feature where I select players as if I were running an
NFL team.

Scott and I are trying to work something out where he will lend some draft insights on the Hawks as the season goes along. He may jump in as a guest on a podcast or two as well. So give his re-model a look-see and make sure you book mark it for next draft season for sure! ~END~