Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Tim Ruskell Scorecard

It seems as if there is always lively debate about the Seahawks personal moves. The man behind the curtain is Tim Ruskell. About a week ago, one of the readers suggest we create a "Tim Ruskell Scorecard".

Well here at Seahawk Addicts we have done just that. This is a comprehensive look at every move I could find with any sort of relevance. It is all then graded numerically. Chris Sullivan reviewed it and actually made me raise one grade (Nate). So, as you will see, I took a lot of consideration into how the ratings would be received.

To Continue......


Here is how the Scorecard works. Each player/transaction was graded with one of 7 possible scores.

7pts = resounding success
5pts = Great Move in every regard
2pts = Net positive for team
0pts = Neutral
-2pts = Net outcome negative
-5pts = Bad Move, lasting ramifications
-7pts = Catastrophic mistake


HERE IS THE TIM RUSKELL SCORECARD

You will see, I only chose two 7's, one on each end of the scale

I want you to feel free to disagree with grades, but give good reasons.

Also, if there is anything that needs to be added, however, I think this is pretty inclusive.

One thing you will notice, is that I counted negative points for bad 5th round picks and under, but not 6th or 7th rounders. I arbitrarily choose that as the cut off.

Also, I have not graded any moves from this year, it is clearly too soon.

What I have concluded, is that this is a pretty impressive resume. There are certainly some noteworthy blemishes, but they are FAR outweighed by even the smallest moves becoming positive. Folks, we have one of the best general managers/front offices in the league. That is probably why we keep winning divisions. It is time to show a little trust, and faith, and give TR a little slack.

Also, I will link this in the right sidebar so all of you can refer back to it, long after this post is off the main page.










Please Remember to Support the Site by Checking Out the Advertisers. Loyal Readers--If You Could Please Check Out 2 or more Advertisers per day and See What they have to Offer, this Site Would Really Hum. Thank You Again for Your Support.