Thursday, March 20, 2008

Why I Really Love Tim Ruskell

Many of you are well aware that I am a HUGE Tim Ruskell supporter. There are many reasons. The most logical is that the team is experiencing far greater success under this regime than any previous. However there is more....

It is just flat out cool to root for a team that respects their profession and ARE contributing members of society rather than just talking like they are. What has inspired this post?

Well, if you want to see the rest of my rant....

Dan Rooney felt the need to explain the release of Cedric Wilson today.

If you don't know the story, Wilson walked into a Mexican restaurant last night, saw his ex, and punched her in the face. Previously, Wilson's ex had an incident in which she held police at bay in a hostage situation for several hours. Clearly, the two didn't have an amicable split.

So whats the big deal? The released him right. Well, James Harrison, stud OLB, who just went to the pro bowl also punched his wife/girlfriend this offseason, and he is still on the team.

Here is what Rooney said....

"I know many are asking the question of [why] we released Wilson and Harrison we kept,'' Rooney said. "The circumstances -- I know of the incidents, they are completely different. In fact, when I say we don't condone these things, we don't, but we do have to look at the circumstances that are involved with other players and things like that, so they're not all the same."..."What Jimmy Harrison was doing and how the incident occurred, what he was trying to do was really well worth it," Rooney said of Harrison's initial intent. "He was doing something that was good, wanted to take his son to get baptized where he lived and things like that. She said she didn't want to do it."
So, I am pretty confused here, how about you? We don't condone that behavior, unless your wife/girlfriend doesn't agree with your point of view, then it is ok to level her. Horseshit!!! Sorry about the language, I know it bothers some, but that is what this is.

I am sick and tired of this crap. It is a lot like the Husky team that was disgraced by the Seattle Times recently. If you let people get away with stuff because of their athletic ability, it only gets worse. When is one of these teams gonna stop talking the talk and start walking the walk.

JUST FREAKIN' SAY IT IS BECAUSE HE IS A PRO BOWLER!!!

Either that or don't say a thing. It makes you look pathetically sorry when you make statements like that. There is no reason ever that this type of behavior should be allowed.

Many of you may try to tell me about Sean Locklear, and i don't know what happened there, but I am pretty sure nobody in Kirkland came out and said Sean was just trying to do the right thing. They gave him the opportunity to prove that was atypical of his behavior and then rewarded him (kinda) for proving he was better than that.

As far as I am concerned I don't see how the team can allow Warren Moon back. I detest drunk driving equally as much as domestic abuse. Imagine if Warren had killed one of those 20 something girls he was doing god knows what with, it wouldn't be a joke, i can assure you of that.
I am just glad that this no longer happens in Seattle. I work hard and spend a lot of my money for my tickets. I would rather lose in the playoffs every year than root for someone who fails to recognize the unbelievable blessings they have been given.

I know we think it is ridiculous the lengths this FO takes as far as character, but when it is one of the most talented guys on the team engaging in behavior like this, it undermines everything the character guys do. Nobody is talking about the 49 guys on the roster who don't beat their wives.














Please Remember to Support the Site by Checking Out the Advertisers. Loyal Readers--If You Could Please Check Out 2 or more Advertisers per day and See What they have to Offer, this Site Would Really Hum. Thank You Again for Your Support.