Monday, August 11, 2008

New Injuries.... Old Injuries

by: Michael Steffes

Howdy folks. I'm baaaaaaaaack. And very sleepy. But I thought I would throw this up while my 9-5 compatriots, who did a FANTASTIC job for me while I was gone btw, are hard at work.

First, reports are that Bobby Engram is out 6-8 weeks. This puts him back after the bye week most likely. It is a shame, but it makes the fact that the young guys got a lot of offseason reps more important. In fact, when you have a 35 year old receiver, no matter what condition he keeps his body in, he is simply more susceptible to injury. This will certainly make the first 3 weeks of the season interesting. Most likely the team will not have Branch or Engram.

Also, the team has released Marcus Tubbs. His knee gave him some further trouble, and with the depth on the D-Line, the team just felt it was better to move on. Poor Marcus! Holmgren did leave the door open, saying if he gets healthy he might be back. However, after the last few years, I wouldn't count on it. It seems his career is most certainly in jeopardy.

I have got something great from my trip to share, but it will have to wait until later. I have some camera issues, plus, I need some sleep. Great to be back! Also, I heard the Seahawks kicked some butt! Glad to hear that. Can't wait to watch my first game this weekend! ~END!