Sunday, March 16, 2008

Answers to Your Questions Vol. 5

There hasn't been much going on, but there weren't a whole of questions either. But I will give my opinion on what was asked. Hopefully there will be a lot to talk about next week. I for one expect at least a couple of moves to be made. We'll see.

In the meantime.....

Brian-- Asked about Jonathan Stewart and Todd McShay saying he would slip to the second....

It is entirely possible that he slides now that he has had surgery. Normally, I wouldn't think it would be a big deal, but he already has a reputation for being injury prone. I do think it is possible the Hawks would pass on him. Despite the rumor I posted about Ruskell liking him, it could all be smoke screen. My guess is that they would be more willing to move back and hope he is still available rather than move up in the 2nd. Not many teams behind them need backs. I have also heard the front office likes next years RB class a lot too, so my guess is as good as yours. I hope he is there at 25 and we get to find out. If it were me, I would take him, I think players who really want to be in Seattle are few and far between, especially with his talent.

Hawksnest-- If I ever have the occasion to talk with Anna Park, I will send on your regards. I wouldn't hold your breath though, it seems I am the only one posting of recent.

Steve R -- Asked which will happen first of three events....

I would rank them like this 1) DJ signs somewhere....2)We sign some sort of LB/ST player....3)We release Shaun.

Honestly, I expected Shaun to be gone by now. I was wrong. The team is holding on to him for some reason. Shaun doesn't appear to be asking for his release, so it tells me that his agent is working behind the scenes, or he is contemplating retirement.

Griffin--- had numerous questions........

I think what is holding up a contract for Trufant is money. The team and the player believe they are worth different amounts. Hopefully something will change. Trufant can wait as long as possible before coming off his demands, who knows, someone MAY sign him to an offer sheet, even though it is unlikely.

At LB, I think the Hawks may do either, or both. The may sign a veteran if he fits the Ruskell mold and comes for the right price. I also think for sure they will draft a LB at some point, just in case things break down with Hill or Tatupu between now and next year when they become free agents.

Here is the most recent thing I saw about Wrotto. He was asked to give a quote for a GT where are they now piece in the Atlanta Journal Constitution. This is what he said.....

“I’ve proven I could be a solid backup, which was my goal,” Wrotto said. “Now, I want to prove I can compete for a position.”

This year will tell us a lot about Wrotto. From the video I have seen he is very athletic for his position, so if the team decides to go zone blocking, he may fit in nicely.

My thoughts on the Hawks taking a back, as I have said since they signed Jones, is that either they take one in the 1st or 2nd, so they can try and trade Mo Mo on the middle night of the drafts for a late round pick, or they take a guy like a Chauncey Washington in the 7th and try and sneak him onto the practice squad. Either the team finds someone they know will out produce Mo Mo, or they take a project. That is only my opinion, but it makes little sense to cut Mo for a mid round rookie and then have so many new backs. Morris knows the system and will be a valuable asset at 1 mil for the season.

Thats all for now folks. I would also like to thank all of you for keeping the comments so football centric. 99% of the time we discuss issues and ideas here and there is very minimal name calling or personal attacks. I think everyone can agree, this is one of the main reasons this has become such a fun place to discuss the Hawks 24/7. Thanks again, for everything, I want you to know I really appreciate it.





Please Remember to Support the Site by Checking Out the Advertisers. Loyal Readers--If You Could Please Check Out 2 or more Advertisers per day and See What they have to Offer, this Site Would Really Hum. Thank You Again for Your Support.