Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Josh Brown....

by: Michael Steffes

Josh Brown will be making his first return trip to Qwest Field this weekend, and he is hoping to get a mixed reaction.

"Honestly, I don't know what's going to come. I'm praying that I get 50-50. I'm praying I get booed half the time and 'yeah' on the other half.
Apparently he thinks that there is faction of fans who support his decision to leave. There may have been if he hadn't gone on KJR and claimed to be a "prisoner to the business man." Once the facts came out and we learned the only real difference between the two offers was a matter of when he got his money, Seahawk fans seemed to turn on him. He is still playing that card, saying,
"There's a difference between looking at someone's stats and looking at the effect a player had on the team," he said. "Yes, there are some players who had better numbers here or there, who showed better than I did. But the impact I had on the team, and and the effect my field goals had on the team, yeah, I felt like they didn't really see me as a major value. They compared me to kickers in the league who I really didn't feel were of the same caliber."
Well, this is probably true, they didn't want to make Brown the highest kicker in the league, the Rams did. So far, it hasn't made a difference for either team. In fact, the Seahawks have two kickers for the price of Brown. I think what Josh fails to recognize is that it works both ways: it takes a team to put the kicker in the situation to be a hero, and the kicker has to produce. In the end, Brown was more interested in himself than the team, and that is why he is a perfect fit for St. Louis. ~END~