Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Linehan's Last Game on Sunday?

by: Michael Steffes

Needless to say, it could be worse, I guess. Maybe.

Anyway, the Rams, who head to Qwest Field on Sunday, are not only 0-2, but have yet to mount much of a fight. In fact, they are last in total offense and last in total defense. Heads are about to roll.

New owner Chip Rosenbloom was quoted in the St. Louis Post Dispatch as saying, "Obviously, the game of football is about winning. The level of play is not acceptable to me or anybody in the organization."

When asked about this, Scott Linehan responded by saying,

"I've been concerned about my job security since I started coaching," Linehan said. "I'm scared to death to lose, OK? Losing is a bad thing as a coach. If you lose, you're worried about everything. … At this point, we're not winning enough games. So when you don't win games, people are going to want the head coach's head.
This can be looked at two ways. First, if the Rams liked Linehan and thought he was a capable coach, they could be highly motivated. OR, second, the Rams are fed up with losing and blame Linehan, so Sunday could get ugly. There is personal pride involved too, I suppose. But right now, if the Hawks are the team to get their first win this weekend, then Linehan may have already enjoyed his last victory in St. Louis. ~END~