Monday, January 26, 2009

Another year, another LB apology

by: Chris Sullivan

We all remember Lofa's "heartfelt" apology last year. Well, politickin' ain't sleazy man, here's Hill's official statement:

"I want to apologize to my family, my teammates, the Seahawks organization and fans. I am embarrassed by the incident Saturday morning and the poor judgment I showed. Please understand my actions were not consistent with the type of person I hope to become."
Just like Lofa, he pretty much says what he needs to say without saying much more. I personally think that this is a little bit better, in that he at least mentions what he did (passively). I also personally liked that he mentioned the "Seahawks organization," since he really didn't have any reason to except to be a) a bit classy and b) maybe he is hoping to stick around and knows this is a big screw-up towards that goal. By the way, here is Ruskell's statement on Hill:
"Any time anybody in our family gets in trouble or gets arrested, it feels like a punch in the gut. We are a team always striving for good, consistent character, so it is disappointing when something like this happens. However, we will never stop trying to be better."
Go ahead guys, I know you're dying to give your read on these statements!