Saturday, January 31, 2009

Do We Really Want Albert Haynesworth?

by: William P. Tomisser

For those of you who may have missed it, Albert Haynesworth was interviewed by Softy on KJR Radio yesterday from the Super Bowl arena.

As I started listening to him the first thing that popped into my mind was Fat Albert.

He didn't sound too enthused about the game of football but for all that he seemed to have an agenda. To me, he sounded like he was a few grains of sand short of an hour in the hourglass but I'll leave it for you guys to decide.

I know for 100% sure after listening to that interview that there's a guy I don't want on my football team. I highly recommend anyone who thinks he might be a solution to our teams defensive tackle problems give this interview a listen. If ever there's a man with one thing on his mind, he's it and it isn't playing for a championship team.

The follow on Football Friday Segment with Hugh Millen has some of the KJR crew commenting on the Haynesworth interview and they heard it the same way I did. It's a good listen too. Millen brought up some very good stuff on defensive tackles and how they can take plays off better than most positions without notice.

Segment two of Football Friday has a Matt Hasselbeck interview at the end of it where he talks more about Knapp and his offense and how much he's coming to respect coach Knapp for his organizational skills and some of the good things he's heard about him from other quarterbacks who have worked with him. Also worth a listen.

I'll turn this one over to you Seahawk Addicts to listen to and decide if we want to get within a million miles of this Albert Haynesworth.

Enjoy the Millen stuff and Hasselbeck interview too.

Hasta,

BillT

END