Monday, January 19, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII: Ap-Hawk-alypse Now

by: Chris Sullivan


Well, well, well, look what we have here. In what can only be described as "non-ideal," Seahawk fans have two of their least favorite teams facing off in the biggest game. I am personally torn--I know I had been saying that I would root for anyone over the Cardinals, but I'm not so sure now.

While I do not like either team, and while I cannot "root" for the Cardinals, per se, I am wondering which result would benefit the Seahawks more. If the Cardinals win, will they fall off? Will they lose players, coaches, etc.? If they lose, will they continue the SB loser's curse? (Recall that the only one to break that curse was the Seahawks in 2006; definitive proof that we actually won SBXL.) Or if they lose will they truly become the class of the NFC West or perhaps the entire NFC? Who knows?

Where do your loyalties lie? Are you rooting for the Stealers or the Tardinals?
~END~