Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mike Wahle Interview

by: Michael Steffes

For your listening pleasure this evening, check out the interview done with Mike Wahle, by Softy at KJR. They cover the running game pretty extensively, everything from Rob Sims to Mo Morris, with lots of Solari/DeBoard praise in between.

Wahle seems like as heady a player as the Seahawks have had on their line in quite sometime. I am always cautious when it seems there is overkill, praising the improvement of a unit, especially in the offseason. With the running game though, I can't get enough.

I just don't see how this unit can't be at worst league average, and last year, that might have sent us to Arizona. I am on the edge of my seat waiting until that second pre-season game when the starters get a half of football to really make us all hopeful. Between the running game and the wide receivers, this is going to be one of the most compelling training camps in recent time. END