Monday, May 12, 2008

Previewing the NFC West

by: Michael Steffes

Just a friendly service announcement. I wanted to clue you all in to my thoughts on the week. With on field work at a standstill until the first week of June, I thought that this week would be a good time to preview the NFC West. Each day this week I am going to take an in-depth look at each team. Here is my proposed schedule:

TUES: St. Louis Rams
WED: San Francisco 49ers
THUR: Arizona Cardinals
FRI: Unit By Unit Rankings

If you want to get a head start on what is going on in the division, I suggest you check out Football Outsiders post draft Four Downs: NFC West column. It gives a good look at what each team did on draft day, and what the needs still appear to be. I am planning on doing a unit by unit analysis, plus a schedule review for each team. This will include a guess on record and finish in the division. If you have any ideas of something you think would be useful to include for each team, make sure to leave it in the comments and I will see if I can work it in. END