Friday, July 11, 2008

Bill Leavy Not the Worst?

by: Michael Steffes

Mike Sando continues is coverage of the ESPN coaches poll. He has written an article on how the coaches rated the officials.

Essentially, it shows that Mike Carey is one of the coaches favorites. He is mine also. I think Carey does a very good job running a game. I feel like when I am watching a good game he is often the guy in stripes. Also, when Sando use to blog at the TNT, he did a good job tracking the officials. At one point the Hawks had a great record when Carey was officiating. I haven't been keeping up, but I noted that he was the ref in Green Bay last January, cause I thought for sure we would be playing another week.

On the other side, Bill Leavy only got one vote as the worst official. I am going to go out on a limb and say Big Mike placed that vote. Or maybe not, considering the NFL hasn't dared put Levy near a Seahawks game since Superbowl XL, Coach may have forgotten he was even alive. Most of us wish he wasn't. ~END~