Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Here Comes the Payne

by: Mike Parker

Every day since the start of training camp, my man-crush on Logan Payne has grown exponentially.

Dave Boling just gave me today's reason why.

I know I have yet to see him play, as most of us still do, but I'm beginning to believe the hype surrounding this mysterious kid who was signed off the practice squad during the playoffs last year. The enigma of it is part of the intrigue, I think, but it's also a massively comforting feeling knowing that we've got something of a secret weapon on our hands going into Week 1.

That is, of course, if Payne shows us he's as good on gameday as he is on the practice field.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm personally banking on The Human Vacuum, as he's suddenly being called, to make the #3 or 4 receiver spot on the roster.

Needless to say, with him and the rest of the explosive new faces in blue & green this year, Saturday's scrimmage is going to be one hell of an exciting moment. -END-