Sunday, July 20, 2008

Training Camp Preview

by: Michael Steffes

Seattle Times writer and friend of the blog Danny O'Niel has written a through pre camp preview. To date is one of the better articles which sums up the next 6 weeks. If you, like me, are on a never ending quest for Seahawk knowledge, then you know all this stuff. But, if you are like me, then you don't care. You will read it anyway.

The one thing that I am going to hold judgment on is Big Walt. Call me an idealist, but I believe that Walt is going to have a career revival under Mike Solari. I think his shoulder will be better and he will be ready to kick some butt. There hasn't been any offseason hype about how he is healthy and raring to go, it is just a gut feeling. Having the best tackle in the league and talking about career revival are kind of contradiction; much like Danny saying he is not a mortal, but not as dominant. However, if you remember Walt in the early to mid 00's you understand completely. Did he even allow a sack in the three years he was the franchise player?

Also... I love the fact that the screen pass will be back. We should be the best screen team in the league. With athletic linemen and quick/small pass catching backs, all we have to worry about is that play replacing the 3 and 10 fullback draw. Call it when no one expects it Coach! ~END~