Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Koren Robinson says "I'm Ready for that phone call"

by: Mike Parker

Danny O'Neil just spoke with Koren Robinson over the phone, and from what he says, the ex-Seahawk receiver is ready, willing and able to go.

"Things have definitely changed for me on my side," Robinson said. "I'm much more mature, I'm able to learn for my mistakes. I'm definitely a different person from who I was back then. A different perspective on my life."
I liked what Koren had to say. He said he always thought of Seattle as his first home, and he wouldn't have left if things had been different. But, as we all know, they weren't, and the rest is history.

Given his knowledge of the playbook, and the fact that our Pro Bowl linebacker was also arrested on a DUI charge earlier this year, I think we'd be the pot calling the kettle black if we played that card when debating whether or not to sign Koren again. His mind seems in the right place, and I think he's a talented kid with a troubled past and is now waiting for the right opportunity.

Ask yourself this, 12th Man - what do we have to lose?

Koren also said that he's hoping Mike Holmgren returns the voice mail he left with him earlier this week.

I don't think he's the only one who's hoping that right about now. -END-