Saturday, July 5, 2008

Expected to Produce

by: Michael Steffes

There are several players on this years offense that are going to be looked at to produce this year, despite never playing in an NFL game before. In fact, they are going to be key to the continued success of the Seahawks passing game. Lets check in with two of them.

First off is rookie tight end John Carlson. PFW has a new blurb about the Notre Dame product. They say that insiders still believe that he will overtake the more experienced tight ends to be the starter this year. They list his impressive work ethic as one of the reasons. This article also cites Jeb Putzier as a possible secret weapon this year.

Next on the list is Logan Payne, everyones favorite unknown receiver. The Tampa Tribune covers Logan's time with the Seahawks from his point of view. There are actually some very telling quotes in this article. One which speaks to the organization....

Everything they told me thus far has kind of panned out. They didn't draft any receivers, and one of the starters from last year, D.J. Hackett, he went to he Carolina Panthers.
I like the fact that this organization communicates well with players, despite what some people claim. There seem to be more instances of players knowing exactly where they stand than the other way around. I think that is smart. And here is why the organization likes Logan so much...
"I'm a blue-collar guy," he said. "Whatever they need me to do, I'm gonna do. I'm a hard worker, I'm the first one at the workout, the last one to leave, which is kind of how I was raised.
~END~