Friday, July 4, 2008

Seahawks fantasy/camp preview

by: Mike Parker

Before I get too drunk to type (which is a really fun activity I highly recommend anyway, especially if you're a writer), I thought I'd throw this your way, 12th Man -

ESPN's 2008 Seahawks' Fantasy/Training Camp Preview


This might in some ways be a carbon copy of what most of us have already read about 431 times since mid-April - the questions on WR, RB and O-line are heavily focused on - but there's also a certain sense of positivity radiating from the overall tone of what writer Tristan Cockcroft says here. (God, what a horrifyingly unfortunate last name.)

And, GASP, what topic does he begin the story with? I'll give you three guesses, and the first two don't count. Yes, you're right: The departure of Hutch and Alexander's subsequent base-jump-into-the-Grand-Canyon decline in production.

But, to Mr. Cockcroft's credit (I still can't type that name without snorting beer out my nose), he does present a probable lineup on offense, but oddly omits anything for the defense - the area I believe has plenty of depth issues worth looking at as well. I'll leave those to you all for something to discuss while I go get another beer.

Tristan's thoughts on WR: Engram, Burleson and Taylor as 1,2 and 3, respectively. What about Ben O? C'mon now.

That's enough out of me today, folks. Perhaps this gives you all some discussion fodder because things start exploding and the sound of police sirens pierce the night. Ah, yes. Happy 4th. -END-