Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No foul play in Seattle

by: Mike Parker

According to this little blurb at ESPN.com by Mike Sando, (you'll need to scroll down the page a bit) the Seahawks have the lowest number of personal fouls in the NFL since 2001. The total number the team has racked up in that time is a mere 57, compared to Tampa Bay's league-leading 127.

I'd be willing to bet that at least 40 of those 57 were because of a certain tight end whose name I won't waste my time mentioning, but I find it hilarious that the team he's now on ranks #1 in the same category. Poetic justice, anyone?

Also, if you scroll down past the personal-foul blurb, you'll find a coach's survey containing their votes for smartest defensive players. Our very own Brian Russell made the list, tied for 8th with seven other players - among them being Rodney Harrison, Mike Vrabel and Ronde Barber. It seems some coaches in the league are paying more attention than I'd usually give some of them credit for. Live and learn, I say.

But if B-Russ made the list, why not Lofa, JP or Kerney? Oh, right, they play for Seattle.

I'm not bitter or anything, really. No, no, not at all. --END--