Sunday, June 8, 2008

Red Bryant Grateful for Opportunity

by: Michael Steffes

This morning, there is a little piece from Charlean Williams of the Fort Worth Star Telegram, looking at some of the local products playing in the NFL. Top of the list is Red Bryant, and the success he is having in Seattle.

Bryant is seemingly a very humble guy. Williams quotes him as saying..."I'm just really grateful for the opportunity to continue to play a childhood game. They didn't have to draft me, and I could have had to go get me a 9-to-5 [job]."

I think that is the type of attitude most fans hope that professional athletes have. It is nice to hear that a few do, even if they are rookies. Anyway, it is stuff like this, along with continued reports of Bryant's excellent play that are sure to make him a fan favorite, even before he plays a snap.

Of course that is not whats on Big Red's mind..."Right now, I'm just trying to fill a role. Hopefully, I can pick up things as fast as possible and get in the rotation." END