Monday, June 30, 2008

The Rise to Fame of #8

by: Michael Steffes

I am sure I am not the only one to notice, and color me a bit surprised I guess, but Matt Hasselbeck has become one of the more marketable players in football. Many of you probably see it a lot more than I, because some stuff is local, but Matthew pops on to the tube fairly often.

First off, he has been featured in an NFL.com contest/promo campaign two years in a row.

Of course he, and his lovely mother, were part of the Cambell's Chunky Soup commercials.

The one I see most often these days is his Reebok commercial. Personally, I would never do a spot with Torry Holt and Ocho Cinco, but hey, at least he gets to show off his dance moves right.

Anyway, Mike Kahn over at Seahawks.com has written a really fascinating narrative about Matt's ascension into marketing madness. It is something off the beaten path and I thought it was worth sharing.

Of course if you want instead, there is a nice debate raging on several sites about whether Shaun Alexander can't find work because he is Christian or because he is over the hill. END