Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We Feel For You Joe

by: Michael Steffes

I found this article and I thought I would share it with all of you. Joe Jurevicius appears to be entering his final season. It hasn't been a big story, but since January, Jurevivius has had THREE knee surgeries. The first was a scope, the second two to clean up the staph infection that developed. There is talk this will be his final year.

Like the Robert Horry of the NFL (not quite but you get the gist), Jurevicius is one of those players who just seems to continually find himself on Superbowl teams. He went with the Giants, the Bucs, and finally the Seahawks. He then took less money than the Seahawks had offered to go home to Cleveland. At the time he remarked that he wanted to help Cleveland to the Superbowl. Many scoffed and laughed, this was the Browns he was talking about. Well, now they just might have a shot and despite his recent setbacks, Jurevicious wants to help. He would be one of the few Browns with Super Bowl experience.

Joe played a key a role in the 2005 season for the Seahawks. Nobody can ever tell me this guy is not a gamer. He has that "it" factor that just seems to elevate the play of the parts around him. I can't fault him for going home. I hope he and the Browns have a great run this year. Heck, I don't care if they make the Superbowl for the AFC. Mostly though, I hope Joe is able to get back and help the team out. Especially if this really is the end for him. END