Monday, June 16, 2008

Rocky Bernard Matter Settled, For Now

by: Michael Steffes

Rocky Bernard was back in court today for an inccident he had in April. Essentially the charge has been differed. If Rocky avoids any future arrests in a two year period, then this current charge will be dismissed. He must also complete domestic violence treatment and is not permitted to possess any firearms.

Here is the story from Danny O'Neil and the Seattle Times.

I was very critical of Rocky upon learning of this arrest, and I stand by that sentiment. Considering the judge continued the order of protection for this two year period, my opinion of the incident hasn't changed. That said, I think this is a fair and amicable settlement. If Rocky keeps his nose clean, I am glad only his reputation will be tarnished, and he will not have a criminal record. If he doesn't keep his nose clean, well then he has no one to blame but himself. END