Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day

by: Michael Steffes

Hey Folks... Just wanted to wish you a happy and safe 4th of July. I am going Golfing. I am going Barbequing I am watching fireworks. In other words, don't expect much from the blog today.

I thought I would just share with you my experience reliving the NFC Championship game this morning. I watched the NFLN's broadcast which I Tivoed yesterday.

Watching Paul Allen raise the 12th man flag just put a warm feeling in my gut after the weeks events, especially since the fans were chanting "thank you Paul", "thank you Paul". Seahawks fans are classy, and so is the owner. Its a perfect fit.

Seneca over Ken Lucas!! Many of us agree, this is one of the best plays in Seahawks history.

Lofa's pick of Delhomme on a third down when everyone in the stadium new it was going to Steve Smith brought back great memories. I remember I saw him move back between the safeties right before the snap and I turned to my pops and said watch Lofa, hes got this. Then bam!!! Key pick.

When Lofa knocks out Goings, despite being blasted himself, and at that point it just seemed like it was our day.

And just that feeling. That feeling when we all knew that this team was going to the Superbowl. It brings chills up and down my spine.

Happy 4th folks. I love this team and I can't wait to share 2008 with all of you. ~END~